At C2 California Clean, we believe nourishing your skin begins from the inside. Because the skin is an organ, it requires many nutrients to maintain its vibrant health and glow. When you detoxify your body, – detoxifying helps reduce bloating, boosts energy and much more. The results will eventually show on your skin, but patience is required!
- Start each day with a green juice
- Eat whole foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as nuts and seeds
- Eliminate refined sugars and common allergens like wheat, dairy and soy
- Choose naturally raised and pastured meats if you eat animal protein
- Drink hot water with lemon 30 minutes before breakfast every morning. (You can add a pinch of cayenne pepper for an extra kick in your metabolism!)
- Eat a primarily plant-based diet and stick to organic when possible. Check out EWG’s 2016 Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce
- Exercise (but not to excess)
- Drink plenty of water and avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol
- Take a vitamin E supplement before bed
How can vitamin E detoxify my body?
Oxidative stress is caused by normal cell metabolism and increased by environmental factors such as pollution, UV tanning and smoke. Too much oxidative stress in the cells causes free radicals. Vitamin E is one of the best lipid-based antioxidants out there. Not only does it protect the cells from oxidative stress and free radicals, but it also helps with skin tissue repair. Because this important antioxidant has been shown to decrease with age, Vitamin E levels become important especially in mature skin. Along with a daily supplement, you can boost the availability of vitamin E for skin repair with C2’s Ultra Replenishing Oil Squalane + Vit E. Our facial oil will leave your skin feeling healthy and hydrated. Keep your skin in great condition to ward off those pesky free radicals!